Aren’t friends the best?
I certainly don’t take for granted my friendship with Diane. You might know her for her inspiration or creativity over at An Extraordinary Day. We’ve been friends ever since she moved to the Buffalo area. Unfortunately after 11 years, she moved back to Michigan. Fortunately most every summer I travel to Michigan to visit family, so I get to visit with her too. She been a great friend to me in getting this website up and running and being my ‘start-up’ coach.
One day she texted me and suggested that since I love cooking and baking, I needed to share some of my recipes with you here at Simple Home Inspirations. I loved the idea, but with so much on my plate in starting up the business, I asked if I could share one of her amazing recipes to start off. Being the extraordinary friend she is, she said yes.
I’m in LOVE with her Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are extraordinary, just like her.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter softened... NOT melted.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix (3.4 oz) Or 6.8 tablespoons of pudding mix.
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 10 oz. package of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and pudding mix until light and creamy.
- Mix flour/soda mixture into creamed mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheet (or light roll into a ball)
- Bake at 375 degree for 8-10 minutes
- Makes approximately 3 dozen.
I hope you have all the ingredients you need on hand. Be sure to have some hungry mouths nearby as they come out of the oven or you might end up eating them, fresh out of the oven.